Sauteed Zucchini with Mint, Basil, and Pine Nuts
If you’re looking for a way to complement the warm, soft cook of sauteed zucchini – may we suggest mint, basil, and pine nuts?
The cooling undertones of mint pair perfectly with peppery basil – an herb that is part of the mint family. Pine nuts give a warm, fragrant crunch. And a squeeze of lemon pulls everything together.
Serve your sauteed zucchini as a refreshing side dish to meatless mushroom burgers.
Sauteed Zucchini with Mint, Basil, and Pine Nuts (V)
Created by Susan DiLeo on September 2, 2016
- 1 pound zucchini
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Slice zucchini into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Heat 1/3 of the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add half the zucchini and sauté, flipping and turning every few minutes, until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Don’t salt them yet!
- While your zucchini cooks, finely chop the the garlic, mint, basil, and capers and stir together in a small bowl.
- When the zucchini is golden, remove it from the pan and cook the remaining zucchini in 1/3 of the oil, just as you did the first batch.
- Then add the first batch back into the pan, along with the herb-garlic mixture.
- Squeeze a lemon over top and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to serving dish.
- In a small pan, lightly dry toast the pine nuts until golden.
- Garnish zucchini with pine nuts and crumble goat cheese on top. Serve.
Do you avoid the hassle of grocery shopping?
Often, when you need to go to the grocery store the most is when you would rather do anything else.
With Real Plans’s organized grocery list, gone are the days of buying a variety of ingredients and having “nothing to cook” in the house. Plus, use our mobile app to make shopping quick and efficient.
Click here to subscribe to Real Plans now
Traditional, Paleo, AIP, Vegetarian, Gluten-free and Dairy-free plans available
Our 30 day money back guarantee makes Real Plans RISK FREE
See full article at : realplans.com